
Stella Rabbitson came to us from Skowhegan. She lived a sort of free range lifestyle in her early life; bounding around a small chicken house with her siblings. When we got her home, she didn't take too well to her cage. She was pissed off for her first few months and was a little standoffish. I spent a lot of time singing to her the "Everybody Loves Stella" song. Even though I am a terrible singer she seemed to like it.
Stella's fiber is a lovely grayish blue color. As is grows out it gets lighter in color and then turns black.
Stella and Brucey had a litter of babies late this summer. Seven little rascals made her life difficult for about eight weeks before three of them moved on to new homes and four stayed with us. There is a lot more work out in the rabbit area now.
I love Stella for her calm. She never gets riled up. She sits with her front paws under her big ruff and observes the goings on. She doesn't mind coming out of her cage and getting brushed. I hope that, in time, her little ones develop a similiar personality.

No comments:
Post a Comment