Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meet the Rabbitsons- Brucey



When we first began spinning I thought that I would like to have a sheep of my very own. I spent a lot of time thinking about it and finally decided that a sheep might not be happy on our 1+/- acres. Rabbits, however, don't take up so much room.
We started looking around for the perfect rabbit. We found Brucey in Topsham and proceeded to fall in love with him. Brucey is quite a character. He is very sweet and seems to be a little slow. He sleeps like a log. The first time I caught him sleeping almost on his back with his mouth open and his eyes rolled back in his head, I thought he was dead. I went to his cage and opened the door, all the time wondering how I was going to tell Peter. By the time I got the door open I could see that he was still breathing. I reached to pet him and it took him a good minute to come to. I felt bad for disturbing his sleep.
Peter and Brucey play a chase game. Peter opens the back door and Brucey runs from front to back while Peter tries to catch him. He gets agitated when other rabbits are getting attention. He stomps around like an angry child.
Brucey's wool is sparkling white. He is happy to share it with us because he suffers when he gets hot. His skin is very sensitive as is his digestion. He has to have regular servings of hairball remedy. He laps it up like it's a special treat.
I call Brucey my other boyfriend. I never knew that a rabbit could be such a special friend.

No comments: